Friday, October 22, 2010

Piriformis Syndrome And Itchy Skin

24 HOURS OF TURIN October 17, 2010 Trail of


Tale From Orc Andrea

I participated in the 24 hours in Turin, organized by the Tour of Italy Run.
The event hosted the Italian Championship and Regional Championship Piemontese absolute master over 24 hours. What I am going to tell you my experience. The story also hope to convey the sensations experienced.
The race takes place in the Parco Ruffini Turin and departure is Saturday morning at 10.
arriving around 8 and it seems to me that the organization is a bit 'late.
The path winds along a 1 km ring and close to the starting area is so-called 'breakthrough' in which we can stop when we are not in your path. This is staged two gazebo open to the deposit bags and a tent with 15 cots for the night.
We are a hundred and already during the preparation we realize that space is tight, also the tent and gazebo are neither enlightened or heating. Look for things in the bag at night will be undertaking.
However, the climate that reigns here is beautiful, there are athletes who come from all over Italy and it's exciting to be starting with the athletes of the national team. Stefano Montagner them know. acknowledge Annemarie Gross, anche lei nazionale e vincitrice del Tor de Geant . Con lei facciamo qualche foto nell'attesa dello start.
Si parte. Del G.S. Murialdo siamo in tre: io, Roberto e Daniele. Da Rivoli c'è anche Nerio Soncin: un mito sulle lunghe distanze e non solo. Nerio, da qualche anno corre per la Turin Marathon ma i legami di amicizia sono sempre gli stessi.
Gran parte del sabato corro con Daniele. Parliamo, ridiamo e ci esaltiamo con lo slogan: "Domani mattina saremo ancora qui !" ed indichiamo il punto nel quale stiamo passando. Il chilometraggio è rilevato dal chip sulla scarpa ed ogni passaggio registrato manualmente dai giudici.

Le prime ore passano bene. I have a little 'anxious to' do km '. Luckily for me, Daniel is very accurate and regular help from Garmin proceed. Time does not bode well, there is cold air which lifts the ribbons that mark the route. I started with half sleeves and vest and soon I find myself dressed as I had thought for the night. Luckily I brought a wagon things and spared no expense in exchange rates. A side of the track is
Jerome Debize. I did not know it ran for the Tour of Italy Run. His constant encouragement are: "Forza Andrea, ale, good."
In the morning go to visit Alex, Mario, his son and Silvio. Their presence gives me great pleasure. The hours pass and
km as well. About three o'clock the pasta is ready. Walking gladly eat a hot meal. Daniel goes on to Parmesan.
At five I take a shower. It takes me 15 minutes and hot water regenerates me a bit '.
Our slogan slowly turns: "Tomorrow morning we will be here long stretches ..." and always indicate the point where we are going through. I begin to alternate between two laps of the race and one walk.
E 'awesome to see athletes of national and above all never stop never stop running.

While I'm back on track is taken from a break in the arms of an athlete who tells me: "Come to tell me so." His name is Marco Vannucci strong Tuscan accent and strong pace. He noticed my sleeveless coat with UTMB.
With him I only do a couple of laps and with the breath, at least I talk about race around Mont Blanc in which he participated. Marco is not any athlete. Later I learned that it was at the top for most of the 111km race at the 10th hour.
18 From the time the worse and the first drops of rain fall. Fortunately, other friends come to visit us: John and Claudio with their families. We greet each other by barriers. I will do the honors, I would stop talking, but they are the first to say "go, go."
Indeed I take this opportunity to ask and Pippo read my mileage on the charts updated every hour.
comes the dark: a round of alternating running and walking one. The rain keeps up to 24. At 23
come Pino, Henry and Umberto. Ale! Botta joy. We embrace, I can not say hello to me that Pino has already taken 20 pictures. The meeting took place in mid-circuit, and urge them to follow me in the direction I'm walking, and Henry looked at me, "Andrea know I can not run ..." Burst into laughter fat. They stay until midnight hours my body around which penny km.
Hurrah!

o'clock I decide to make a long pause. I must lie down and change me, my legs hurt.
The tent for the night is' the complete 'and Daniel decided to put in the hallway of Palaruffini that leads to the showers. I have a sleeping bag on the floor and I'm fine. Daniel did not suffer too much for the cold moves in the closet first heated showers. With us there is Silvio Deiure. Silvio went on dancing and having taken back his wife home and returned to the Ruffini to support us. I'm glad of his presence. It helps us with the bag, we recommend and encourage. Meanwhile, Mark gets to take a shower Vannuchi, supported by two people. He was hurt falling down while attempting to dodge a person close to the refueling area. At that money was the first.
E 'one and Silvio tells us he will return to call in an hour. Time passes quickly and I can not sleep.
legs and ankles hurt. I left the sleeping bag and began to tremble with fatigue.

Silvio arrives, look at him and tell him that I did not really want to go out in the cold: "Andrea, we do not think, do one thing at a time, slowly." It 's all difficult, everything is normal even the most mental effort. I put the cream on the feet and legs, wearing sweaters and dry feet. Jerome took me two links of cotton that are warmer than those techniques. Name is Daniel, who decided to rest again. Ok I go Silvio
greet returning home, I insert "mode Orc" And continued to walk.
not raining, there are 2:30 and a better peace.
Way and try not to think. Nerio meeting with some stomach problem. He did not say anything. Each brings
walking his body as best he can. I set the targets: the next 120 km is the .
bringing the two gentlemen and I start to speak. We are impressed by a group of guys that even though the time they are playing football in the next pitch: "Around this time? Our parents would have an ass like that ..." Automatically start at the stories of the oratory, the Salesians, the games on the road ..... we end up with the problem of the neighbor who has sex when so frantic screams and alarm clock half the building. Our paths separate: "Hello again later for the company ".

I stop to eat something and feel the scent of coffee.
" Want some? "The two guys from the restaurant have an eye on four.
They are friendly and helpful and especially patients. With Coffee I eat a slice of bread and jam.
legs for mercy but he stands up to 120 km. Pause. they put me in the tent of night's sleep. Inside I hear the cries of pain but also a beautiful Russian in the dark I sense that there ' these are people lying on the ground. A woman gets up and I gave way, and I lay me down to the cot next to me gets up and throws him his blanket. I'm really tired, and I am grateful for these gestures.
what I think I can still do. It is 6 and I have 4 hours to spare, I'd like to do another twenty kilometers (10 miles, rest, 10km). I get up and while I realize that I left the tent on the bed to my right is Robert. With a view we share everything. Allocation
, I think a turn at a time for fear of losing count repeat in my mind I'm doing the rounds. Meanwhile, the Parco Ruffini
slowly begins to become populated. There are those who walk the dog, who runs, a walk and elderly who are watching in amazement. I go to plan so that the runners on Sunday morning they all look professional.
fruit and turns are designed to get 20 10.
Km 130.

Basta. That's fine.
The legs are well over the limit and would be foolish to continue.
asphalt to which they are unaccustomed he enjoyed enough to slaughter my tendons.
eight o'clock, I still have two hours to spare but I do not care.
I feel empty and let myself be penetrated by the thought of a nice hot shower after which I no longer run. Meeting in the showers of my fellow adventurers and Annemarie Gross. Same attitude: just
take a shower and I come to the track 30 minutes before the deadline. Sitting, I look at those who continue to turn: some have just woken up
others have never stopped, others play to recover a few more nibbling around. Shortly before the end we deliver a plastic cone with the bib number. I set out with Roberto. 1 st shot. last steps. 2 nd shot, stop. We support the cone on the ground.
Nobody has more damage. The eyes rise from the asphalt and happy smiling faces.
Enzo Caporaso embraces us one by one.

would be nice to understand why there is so much damage in a wasted effort.
Maybe not even know us who call ourselves ultramaratoneti. But then who cares.

Maybe all that will remain until there is an incomprehensible space in which to escape and can do crazy things on the street as the mountains.

Hello Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment