Monday, March 14, 2011

What Material Absorb Heat The Best

TRAIL MORAINIC March 13, 2011


Tale From Orc Mirco
We are now at the beginning of March, while consulting the calendar trail, covering all the events that this year I decided to give up, my attention is captured by an imminent date "But certainly, the morainic in a few days there, almost at the same time comes the e-mail Andrea ogre who invites us to watch TV in the evening our great President will participate in the program" run "broadcast on GRP to promote the said event. 21.45
are the broadcast begins Bocchino, the boring shall immediately test the serenity family After 5 min remain alone watching TV, when even my patience has reached its limit, finally comes the intervention of our president, once the transmission is lively with subtle metaphors related to the pronunciation of the word trail, the physicist of the athletes who participated in the last year (maybe we trailers are used to seeing images of athletes inspired bronze Statues) ect .. ect, after what I saw and heard me say I can not miss me I ENTERED!
Sunday morning, as expected from all weather, rain, on arrival at Rivoli with a surprising pleasure to discover an intense movement of athletes, I seem to be the start of a Ultratrail Are all properly dressed in shoes and backpacks off-road only, which are the envy of the famous UTMB (probably the advice appeared on the site, on 'appropriate clothing have been taken literally by many athletes).
collect race on the stand, the organization seems unexceptionable, President Pino is fairly peaceful, perhaps the most concerned about is Andrea track conditions keep him anxious, as if by magic while the Orcs, who are exempt from service are found, I see with great pleasure Pinochi. Mauro Livio and chat while you start from the beginning of the dance.

go through the first few meters of the race going Rivoli along the main street of bars and shops, as soon as we leave behind us the Castle of Rivoli, as if by magic we find ourselves in a dense forest where enhance the scent of moss, wet leaves, hints of mushrooms, wet earth and wood rotten, these feelings olfactory sensory join after a few miles to physical ones, the mud puddles begin to act as protagonists.
Zigzagging to avoid standing water and mud, we face the more challenging the climb Moncuni, mud and the slope does not scorn the use of sticks as tools trailistici but knowing the climb I reassure her that the worst is now past, In fact we are already at the top, waiting for us there is the legendary Orc Henry, exchanged greetings and received useful recommendations on the imminent descent continues the race.

After repeated up and down dirt roads and paths are now only a few km to go, meeting once again to guard the path to the ogre Pino P, probably can move more easily by car travel.
At this point I can not afford to watch the clock, my scheduling demands referring to the previous year leaves me fairly satisfied, but can I make a projection on the final time my attention is drawn to a written on the back of the shirt of the athlete who precedes me citing "the Orcofficina" , I understand immediately that he must be the artist of our miniature, the knowledge of Stephen and we immediately set the last km, now it's all downhill sprint finish is fast and crossed the finish line together.

I have just enough time to make some greeting, I must escape the oncoming cold and is a rich dish of lasagna waiting for me at home .
My compliments to the organizers and many volunteers, especially those who bravely and managed to turn a passion "Common" race on dirt roads in a real trail.
W Orcs

Eyes of a voluntary Elena
Sometimes I wondered whether it is more difficult to run a race or do volunteer for the same ... so here's the idea: the second edition of Moraine Trail view from my eyes, those of a voluntary .
athletes you pick up your race packet: Pierre and I have delivered about a hundred, while Claudio controlled, provided and collected your bags. During these operations, we have resolved the issues vital to say the least: "Where do I put the phone?" "... the car keys? "and, above all, the age-old question: " Do you have safety pins on the chest? ".

last departure! I look at you from and where the logic leads me to think that you are a bunch of freaks, instead of staying home, he prefers to run 30 miles in the rain and the mud, my heart rejoices and I envy the courage to see that despite the adverse weather, smile and you are happy!

While you run through the woods and hills on arrival we are no less active: there is the tea to prepare the pizza to be cut, pull out the cookies ... we know that when you arrive you are tired, hungry and thirsty. At the same time we are in contact with other volunteers along the way: let us mark the steps so you always know where you are, who you are and if everything goes well. We do not like us unprepared!
Today I had to play games on the streets with the children: I had prepared a nice way of athletics and I had to get hold of tricks to paint their faces, but it was raining ... so I had no child from the tricks and dirty oneself! I solved it by painting the flag on the cheeks, hands and noses of volunteers, we were very patriotic!
After only two hours and a minute here comes the athlete first and then gradually all the others. Let us mark time, chest and order of arrival: no who takes photographs, those involved in loading the data on your computer, who brings you hot tea just crossed the line, who asks you how the race went, if it were well marked, if you enjoyed. I was on arrival to the end, until, Roberto and Mario also arrived: smiling, too.

Many thanks to all volunteers: Giancarlo, Pierangelo, Venancio, Franco, Pino and everyone else for making my Sunday a lot of fun and thank you very much to athletes: your face clean, your sincere smiles are better than any medicine is also thanks to you if six months ago I finally decided to put my running shoes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment